Universitas 21 (U21) is an international network of 23 leading research-intensive universities in fifteen countries. Collectively, its members enrol over 700,000 students, employ over 145,000 staff and have approaching 2.5 million alumni. A commitment to internationalisation, and specifically to Universitas 21, is central to the University’s ‘Melbourne Agenda’ - a strategic vision that aims to position Melbourne internationally as a superb campus-based research and teaching university.
Below are the the Universities that make up the Universitas 21 network:
The U21 network's purpose is to facilitate collaboration and cooperation between the member universities and to create opportunities for them on a scale that none of them would be able to achieve operating independently or through traditional bilateral alliances.
Established in 1997, Universitas 21 engages in a number of activities, informed by our core underlying principles:
- global focus and perspective
- commitment to excellence in all we do
- commitment of those involved to collaborative and co-operative work and spirit while ensuring there are clear outcomes
- determination to achieve added value
- constant striving for innovation and the creation of multilateral opportunities for members
- sustainability of activity
The University of Melbourne's 'Melbourne Global Mobility Program' promotes a number of ways for students to benefit from the U21 network, most notably via student exchanges at Universitas 21 partner institutions, and participation in the U21 Global Issues Program (GIP).
Find out more: News and information
- Universitas 21 runs a Summer School at a partner campus, as well as an Undergraduate Research conference.
- Universitas 21 offers fellowships for academic staff and scholarships for professional staff. More information about these programs can be found here.
- Universitas 21 releases monthly e-bulletins containing general updates and information of upcoming opportunities and conferences. Click here for recent e-bulletins and annual reporting information.
- The Melbourne Global Mobility also maintains a U21 news webpage, reporting on relevant issues and stories for University of Melbourne staff and students.